Statistics (German diploma) with focus on computer science, studies at the Universities of Dortmund and Sheffield (UK)
Experience in the pharmaceutical industry
Biotech-companies and the pharmaceutical industy were my workplace for more than 14 years. My focus was on the planning and analysis of biomarker-studies in the context of clinical studies as well as in research projects.
I worked in close cooperation with scientists on projects in different medical areas (oncology, cardiology, neurology, among others) and with various technological platforms (e.g., genetic and genomic arrays, protein panels). In addition to the support in the planning and analysis of studies and the interpretation of the results, I also put emphasis on the scientists' statistical training.
Since 2015 I am part of the SCO:SSiS team and will be happy to support you in the planning of your studies and the analysis of your data.
Major areas of expertise
Visualization and analysis of high-dimensional data
Pre-clinical studies (research, toxicology)
- Laboratory quality assurance
- Hartung HP, Steinman L, Goodin DS, Comi G, Cook S, Filippi M, O'Connor P, Jeffery DR, Kappos L, Axtell R, Knappertz V, Bogumil T, Schwenke S, Croze E, Sandbrink R, Pohl C: Interleukin 17F level and interferon β response in patients with multiple sclerosis. JAMA Neurol. 2013 Aug;70(8):1017-21.
- Hartung HP, Kieseier B, Goodin DS, Arnason BG, Comi G, Cook S, Filippi M, Jeffery DR, Kappos L, Bogumil T, Stemper B, Sandbrink R, Nakada Y, Nakajima H, Schwenke S, Lehr S, Heubach J, Pohl C, Reischl J: Variability in detection and quantification of interferon β-1b-induced neutralizing antibodies. J Neuroinflammation. 2012 Jun 15;9:129.
- Freedman MS, Metzig C, Kappos L, Polman CH, Edan G, Hartung HP, Miller DH, Montalban X, Yarden J, Spector L, Fire E, Dotan N, Schwenke S, Lanius V, Sandbrink R, Pohl C: Predictive nature of IgM anti-α-glucose serum biomarker for relapse activity and EDSS progression in CIS patients: a BENEFIT study analysis. Mult Scler. 2012 Jul;18(7):966-73.
- Hilpert J, Beekman JM, Schwenke S, Kowal K, Bauer D, Lampe J, Sandbrink R, Heubach JF, Stürzebecher S, Reischl J: Biological response genes after single dose administration of interferon beta-1b to healthy male volunteers. J Neuroimmunol. 2008 Aug 13;199(1-2):115-25.
J, Schwenke S, Beekman JM, Mrowietz U, Stürzebecher S, Heubach JF:
Increased expression of Wnt5a in psoriatic plaques. J Invest Dermatol.
- Noponen-Hietala N, Virtanen I, Karttunen R, Schwenke S, Jakkula E, Li H, Merikivi R, Barral S, Ott J, Karppinen J, Ala-Kokko L: Genetic variations in IL6 associate with intervertebral disc disease characterized by sciatica. Pain. 2005 Mar;114(1-2):186-94.